Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bread Crumbs

In preparation for an upcoming recipe I'll be posting I wanted to throw out a few of my thoughts on bread crumbs.  Silly topic for a post, I know, but something I think can be make-or-break for a recipe. 

You can buy bread crumbs at the store, either plain or seasoned.  There are definitely times I use store bought, but it is so easy to make your own.  I hate to waste food, so anytime I have leftover bread I throw it in the freezer.  I mean any kind of leftover bread, hamburger buns, hot dog buns, french bread. We either use it to feed the ducks or I make homemade bread crumbs.  Either way it's not wasted!

Homemade Bread Crumbs:

Ingredients:
leftover bread (about 10 slices or 3 hamburger buns worth)
salt
pepper
Optional:*
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Directions:
Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.

*Optional ingredients can be added when a recipe calls for Italian bread crumbs.





No comments:

Post a Comment